Clinics & Services
Clinics & Services
Chronic Disease Management
The Practice offers the following clinics for patients suffering from:
The Practice offers the following Clinics to help keep you healthy:
- NHS Screening
- How healthy is your heart?
- NHS Mental Health Apps
- Cervical Smear Tests
- Flu and Shingles Immunisations
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Home Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Warfarin Monitoring
- Migraine Diary
- Oxford Hip Score
- Smoking Cessation – ONEYOU Smoking Cessation service:
Patient visit their website, download the App or call the National Smokefree Helpline on 0300 123 1044
Ultrasound Scans Service
An Ultrasound Service is provided at the Market Deeping surgery by Mediscan Diagnostic Services, who are an accredited AQP (Any Qualified Provider) and provider of ultrasound diagnostic services nationally commissioned by CCG’s.
As part of the CQC (Care Quality Commission) NHS initiative, they enhance the service offered by the practices, accelerating patient diagnosis and the quality of care.
Their clinics are led by consultant Radiologists who are always present with a Health Care Assistant.
They provide Ultrasounds Services for:
- Abdominal (Liver, Gall bladder, Pancreas, Spleen, Kidneys).
- KUB (Kidneys, Bladder, Prostate).
- Pelvic (Transvaginal and Trans-abdominal).
- Musculoskeletal (Shoulder, Knee, Achilles, Foot).
- Lumps and Bumps.
- Testes and Small Parts.
Since the 25th January 2016, the Peterborough Maternity Services became a paperless process.
The Maternity Self-Referral Form must be completed and submitted in order for your notes to be created and passed to the practice electronically; you will no longer be given a Pregnancy Pack.
Once you have submitted your form online you will then need to contact the Community Clerk at Health Centre in Bourne on 01778 394185 who will arrange an appointment with one of our Midwives. This appointment can take up to one and a half hours.
Please note, that in accordance with NICE guidelines all pregnant women are advised to take Folic Acid and Vitamin D supplements which are available from Pharmacies and all major Supermarkets.
The Practice holds a Baby Clinic every Tuesday as follows:
- 11:00 – 12:30 for Immunisations
- 14:30 – 15:30 for Immunisations
You can see the nurse for immunisations.
This is a well-baby clinic and children who are unwell should see the doctor at a different appointment rather than come to this clinic. They will not be able to see a doctor for their illness at this clinic.
Unfortunately, the community health visitors are no longer able to offer Baby Weighing appointment although your baby will still be weighted during the normal reviews.
One of the most important things that a parent can do for their child is to make sure that they have all their routine childhood vaccinations. It’s the most effective way of keeping them protected against infectious diseases.
Ideally, children should have their jabs at the right age to protect them as early as possible and minimise the risk of infection.
Find out which jabs your child needs, when they need them, and what the benefits of each jab are.
Please call the surgery to make an appointment.
For more information please visit the websites below:
The Practice offers the services and Clinics listed below:
- Occupational Hepatitis B vaccination (Hep B)
- Minor Surgery
- Steroid Joint Injections
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Enhanced Service for Minor Injuries
- Blood, urine and other tests
- Urinary Incontinence
- Ring pessary changes
- Health promotion and advice
- Nutritional advice
- Wound care, advice and dressings
- Community Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Service
- Community Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Service
- Community Podiatry Service
- Community Leg Ulcer Management
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Screening Programme
Market Deeping Surgery
Mon - Fri: 8.00am - 6.30pm
Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 6.30pm
Mon/Tue: 8.ooam - 1.00pm
Fri: 8.00am - 1.00pm
Closed - Please use Market Deepings Dispensary