Want to receive advice and help from a GP without having to leave the house?
Tired of waiting in a phone queue for an appointment, then eConsult could be the way forward for you…….
This will allow patients to access help or advice from a GP online and get a response back by the end of the next working day.
Patients will have the option to seek general advice or help for a specific condition or an administrative request such as requesting a fit note. Patients will be able to access self-help information, access local services, get pharmacy advice or get advice from their GP.
So what do I have to do as a patient to access eConsult and what happens after I submit the form?
- You can click on the eConsult banner on the practice website or on the link added to our facebook page, where you will see options to get general advice or help for a specific condition or administrative request.
- You then select help for a condition via a range of options – type to search, A-Z list or by body area.
- Once a condition is chosen, you can access self-help information, access local services and pharmacy advice, or get advice from a GP at the Practice.
- If selecting ‘treatment and advice from my GP’ then you will be directed to complete an online form about your symptoms. You need to confirm that you do not have any symptoms that require immediate or urgent care.
- You complete the eConsult online form and provide your phone number and email address at the end of the consultation.
You will receive an emailed confirmation of the consultation and will be informed that the practice will respond to you by the end of the next working day at the latest.
Please check your junk mail folder for confirmation of the consultation and the subsequent response from the surgery.
What is eConsult, and how does it work?
Frequently Asked Questions for Patients
When will I get a response back?
If submitted before 3pm-we endeavour to complete a same day response.
If submitted after 3pm- response by the end of the next working day.
What about my Child?
You can select ‘I want help for my child’ option.
But I need to be seen?
Your eConsult will be reviewed by a clinician and if you need to be seen you will be given an appointment.
But I need to be seen today as an emergency?
Continue to complete and eConsult. eConsult will flag up whether you need an urgent face to face appointment.
I completed an eConsult and I was advised to contact the practice for an Urgent appointment?
This happens when a patient reports symptoms that suggest they are too unwell for the eConsult system.
I completed an eConsult, but I have not heard back from the practice?
We will check to see if someone has tried to contact you.
I have an administrative request
Complete an eConsult selecting ‘I want administrative help’.
This will be picked up and handled within the practice time frame (If submitted before 3pm-we endeavour to complete a same day response. If submitted after 3pm- response by the end of the next working day).
eConsult also works with the NHS App
Use the NHS app to:
- Get advice about coronavirus
- Order repeat prescriptions
- Book appointments
- Check your symptoms
- View your medical record
- Register to be an organ donor
- Find out how the NHS uses your data
- Consult a GP or health professional through an online form and get a reply (eConsult)
How to upload a photo while submitting an eConsult
Market Deeping Surgery
Tel: 01778 579 000
3/4 The Green
Tel: 01733 252246
Market Deeping Surgery
Mon - Fri: 8.00am - 6.30pm
Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 6.30pm
Mon: 8.00am - 1.00pm
Thurs: COVID Vaccine Clinic (by appointment ONLY)
Mon - Fri: Closed
Fill out a simple online form to get advice and treatment by the end of the next working day
Only available between 8am and 12pm, Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays
Ask about common problems like coughs, back pain or mental health
Ask about general symptoms like dizziness, tiredness or pain
Ask for administrative help like sick notes, test results or doctor's letters
Get help for your child
Long Term Condition Review